2011/02/03

Liverpool II

Went back to Liverpool today. Went to see the art and crap. If you can tell the difference.



some of the buildings in Liverpool look a little unfinished. Kinda like they started building something awesome but by the time they got half way the just stuck to the most basic crap they could.

There was a building near the pier that was resonating really loud. It sounded like being in a sea storm. It was the sound of the scaffolding shaking amplified by the fact the sound was bouncing off all the plain buildings.

Some art I got straight away but others had laboriously lengthy explanations of there originality. If the explanation is long enough to fill 2 paragraphs you could at least cut down on all the needless complex words. To quote "Emotionally intriguing extravagant use of textures and layering" why not say "heavy use of materials to promote an emotional response" it's only about the same length and now anyone can read it. When it gets to the point when my Dyslexic tendencies get in the way of looking at a fucking picture its gone too far. I imagine i would have enjoyed a lot more of the art if i could read the fucking explanation. However, the ones I did bother to waste 10 minutes trying to read the explanation i did enjoy immensely.

Some art I could see straight away from a glance and other works had nice descriptive titles. My favorite was something like "men will not understand this" or something. I knew immediately what it meant. Also, artists are damn randy aren't they. I'd say that about 90% of the works were either about sex or the naked human form and im pretty sure they were probably about sex too.

Talked about how art is subjective with a friend. You could pretty much call anything art but unless someone else likes it you aint gonna get paid for it.

Topic somehow lead into how i see things alternately and how that makes me incapable of managing in a standardized world that works a completely different way. Kinda lost pace as i was sailing the sea of paving slabs. Saw Mouk or whatever its called in the shop. That was fucking strange.

Thought Lambanana might be a derivative of Llama. Kinda looks like one too if it had a head on its bum and visa verso. Thought about the Beatles. George was awesome.

had a meat bastard with caramel for lunch (Beef). I feel like ive drowned in a pizza factory. could have done with parsley or something. When i said i didn't want any fancy vegetation i didn't mean i wanted them to go all Atkins on me.

Saw a pigeon. Looked autistic. How can a bird look autistic. I suppose it takes one to know one. He was stuck in the middle of a road on a crossing. Too damn lazy to fly and was contemplating walking through traffic. Looked like it had done it before. Best of luck to you soldier.

Sir Elton's life story was on the radio. Friend turned it over. Was interested but not really enough to bother going back.

I am so damn hungry for salt. I don't know why. I just crave salt. I could eat a whole handful of it straight. Kinda hungry for bread and potatoes too if that means anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment