2009/10/08

I said Tank, was I close

The whole giraffe thing was stupid.



The two verbal cues I missed but they definitely didn't influence my choice. "Top is a long way up with a few spots in the middle" made me instantly think of a giraffe and so I dismissed it straight away, which ruined the whole subliminal messaging thing as I became consciously aware of what he was implying. I even said "What? Like a giraffe?" in a joking way as he said it. "Giraffe a favorite toy..?" went completely unnoticed. The problem being that I was certain he said "D'you 'ave". I often talk that way and didn't even notice that it had a second meaning. In fact, not even subconsciously.

Next, the whole giraffes everywhere was so in your face that I spotted (no pun intended) the giraffes or giraffe print in all but the doll house. So on the final toy decision I was absolutely nowhere near what he was going for as I was looking for the opposite of a giraffe. I thought the long-necked spotty horse thing was too obvious so I expected more from him. Unfortunately he let me down. The answer was in fact the one he had shown us repeatedly.

As for the Frank thing, that was really obvious. He kept saying "May I be frank with you?" over and over. Mr Brown has no idea how to be subtle and if that's how gullible the public are, I seriously fear for this country.

Now I know how chairman Mao lasted so long. People are just fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment