2009/10/08

Google Foolbar

about Google Toolbar



I believe some of you out there are using Google Toolbar. My advice is don't. Google Toolbar locks your browser off from exploring any site outside the Google search engine. For example, many sites I regularly visit come up as "Oops that page doesn't exist" when using Google Toolbar but when I disable it they work fine.

Also, there's the little issue of the unexplained uploading of web addresses from my browser to a database in an address associated with Google. The same address in fact that Google Chrome seems to be always loading my page's URL to.

If that doesn't count as a monopoly I don't know what does. Many website owners have complained about Google adding their websites to their search engine recently without their permission and Google is constantly getting in trouble because of it.

This is also the reason why Google has no decent support staff as they are all busy elsewhere and why the Google website is often slow or unresponsive.

Don't let them get to you. Remember to check if websites run in browsers other than Chrome and with the Google Toolbar disabled. There are plenty of really cool sites out there if you know how to look for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment