2009/08/31

The year is 1985

my mind wanders



I can't believe we're nearly at the end of Big Brother's life line. Just 1 more year left togo. It's a shame nowerdays. Reality TV isn't what it used to be. I recon Social Networking is the new Reality TV. Think about it. Now we can easily access people's lives over the net we no longer need to see it on screen. Blogs have replaced Big Brother. As the classic and old, or 'outdated and insignificant' as most would say, die out we lose a piece of ourselves. You know, maybe the Amish aren't so daft after all. Every time we ignore history and move on to the 'new and improved' version of what we do, we lose something that was important. Reality TV is the unprepared improv of real life and no blogs or social networking sites can offer that. There's no surprise, secrets or good old fashioned derogatory behavior on the net unless it's supposed to be and then it becomes fake. I recon another slap is recommended to this topic. Old is outdated and new is half-made. So why not make something new based on something old. You know, like learning is supposed to work you retards. And when I say "based on something old" I mean not just the general idea of the thing like every single remake and sequel known to man, but actually working in harmony with the original concept, feel, style and atmosphere, etc. If someone came to my door and said "You know, I have a great idea for a sequel! Schindlers List In Space!" I'd shove that script so hard up their ass it'd be looping out his mouth and back in his ass again for infinity. But if someone said "Let's remake The Great Escape with the guy who played Hannibal Lector" I think my mind would implode with the shock of hearing the first good idea I've heard since the PS2. It's not hard to make something cool nowerdays, you just gotta ignore what everyone tells you is right and actually make something that is good. If you just be yourself, as in, exactly the way you are and now how you want to appear. I garantee you'll be pleasantly surprised. Of course you also have to be motivated and of course not do something like kill people or anything, except for certain situations (see our site Doomsday for guidelines if you actually need to ask).

No comments:

Post a Comment