2009/10/15

Sorted

Big up respect for the number one homie.



Doomsday has now archived every last one of the Geocities sites in it's database and I organized most of it and archived 30% of the database myself. Considering the fact that we have 40,000 members all contributing to the burn 30% is fucking huge. It is several tens of thousands of sites.

I've also already finished my part of the Burn, have done enough of the sweep so that I have nothing to worry about for at least a week and I've got all my reviews finished. I've also helped out a bunch of folks and I've set up my sister's laptop with all the software she needs and even put all her profiles into the bookmarks section.

I've started on documenting all the databases and stuff for World and I've set up my own clusters for Deviant Art, Fur Affinity, Sheezy Art, Epilogue, Elfwood, Nico Video, Crunchyroll, You The Man Now Dog and soon Youtube. I'm already making negotiations with Googleplex and FIAR about an affiliating with them and The Monster Site and friends are organizing something similar with me.

Good news too, Doomsday will become Spark now and Doomsday will take the place as the thing that links it together like Yahoo's Yahoo Directory you see. We got the right to use the theme music too. There's just a few details to sort out like who gets what and how the thing is going to be organized.

It's early days yet but I can tell you Spark will be taking it's rightful place as the hub. There may be alot of changes but we wont lose the soul of Spark, I wont let it happen. Unfortunately folks it looks like I'll have to downgrade my position. Ben is still ultimately in charge but I'm probably going to be the face of Spark as I'm gonna be the guy you see most. Karl is now in charge of Prog Frog so he will only have a sub roll. Most of you know this by now but some of you still don't so it's worth mentioning. Sakura is in charge of Nihon and so she'll only get a sub roll and obviously Mon is in charge of The Monster Site so she only gets a minor roll. Rock is not a reliable mod and so he wont be one or at least not a leading one. Omni however will be in charge of most of the technical crap and the inner workings of Spark. So again, although I should technically be in charge as I do all the mod work around here, Ben is the official owner and we'll never see him again for months on end, how nostalgic *groan*.

So I'm sorta the head mod but technically it's Ben who practically doesn't exist and anything techie is a job for Omni and if it's really techie then get Karl as always. Sakura will help you out with your artistic stuff and anything to do with offensive stuff (apart from stuff posted inappropriately) is Mon's problem.

-

So in short, I rock!

\m/(^o^)\m/ - DIO!

- Peace out

- Jay'98

No comments:

Post a Comment