2009/10/02

Feeling Retro?

With the legendary quest going on, it was only a matter of time before Ben made something cool.



Our useless owner only pulls his finger out every once in a blue moon and this time he's had the good grace to put up some cool Flash ads. Wait, I know what you're thinking, Flash ads aren't cool, but these ads have their own domain and they are staying there. The place is called "Doomsday Ads", which just shows how imaginative our owner really is. You don't need a link 'cause it's somewhere on every single freaking page of Dooms.

I'm going off track a little but my point is that Spark's marketing team is making them. There's already a few and I have to say that they are pretty cool. The clusters I've seen so far are...

Soft Play Area - funny
Unisex Toilet - why?
Doomsday - obviously
Spark - Woo!
Nihon Desu - which is going in a new direction

...and ban baba ban..!

Gamezone

Ben kept this quiet. Gamezone is going to be the new place for games on Dooms. For a start, the song is No by Vim, which is excellent and that's going to be the cluster's theme. And secondly, Gamezone will be and will continue to be, solely about games. So none of this 'Japanese influence' crap that ND spins us. And even better, all games, and that is ALL games, are required to be posted in Gamezone according to the new rules. So Gamezone will have every single game on Dooms in it. Now that my friends sounds like an awesome site.

There is also the ability to make your own formatting for the site, yano CSS stuff, so when you access it from your own sub or cluster, the format doesn't change and you keep all the menus. But obviously there will be additional menus for Gamezone and you can still get to the games from the Gamezone site with your own formatting. I'm using the space theme myself.

From Ben's description, I'm not sure whether Gamezone is Game Zone or Games One but I recon Game Zone so I'm gonna abbreviate it to GZ from now on. It could even be Game Easy One knowing him.

I'm never gonna get tired of hearing that theme music. Can you imagine all of AN's stuff in a place that all the other members will know about? Can you imagine all of my stuff in a place other members know about?! This is gonna be awesome. See ya later, I'm gonna check out GZ.

Oh, and remember to keep checking Doom Ads 'cause it's gonna be a pretty good way to find out what the rest of Dooms is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment