2011/03/05

Regurgitating Ideas for Albion

Gonna get my shit together



Wow it's been a long time since I actually made a game. It's been 10 years, 10 years. Can you believe that?

Well I've had fun and all but it's time to get serious. I need to dedicate myself to finishing Albion.

A prototype would be so easy to make right now but I'm getting itchy feet. I wanna see something and I just can't wait and go through the normal means.

So I'm gonna start work on some horribly ugly looking 3D models and animate them and stuff.

Means I'm gonna have to start learning how to program hardcore again. I've been too damn lazy in my work. Mod a little here, PHP a little there. Now I'm going straight into Lingo and making something.

Boardome's board and card games first I think and then Blocks crazy Tetris shit.

Making them in 3D would be a good test of my skill.

Then maybe a racing game/tank game/dogfight game/combat driving game etc.

Prolly work on some basic platformers then.

And then maybe an RPG or something.

After that I'll work on the big guns and get a 3D prototype on the way.

Don't be upset if it ends up looking like Tomb Raider 1 though.

GIO is a good one for practicing the engine elements.

Once the collision detection, physics and basic character types and their skills are complete the rest should be pretty easy if a little time-consuming.

Level, Character & Action customization will make the rest the components easy with some sort of structure and basis to work on.

I have some raw designs that are easy as pie to work with and adapt and there's enough of a plot and enough knowledge about everything to keep going to completion.

Everything sounds good.

Now to start work on some basic game I can prog.

No comments:

Post a Comment