2009/08/24

Blogger Sucks

hit a wall



What's really pissing me off is Blogger's aggressive formatting algorithms. I've tried constantly to try and use my own CSS formatting but to no avail. I pretty much have to tell it every single thing I do not want it to do for every single tag of every single line of every single post of my blog just so that I can add anything at all of my own. And of course some things aren't negociable. For example, you cannot alter the size of some images, you cannot remove all of the text formatting. That is that you can't do it at the same time. You can remove one half of it or the other but never both. I've come to realize that Blogger is just to controlling, brittle, limited and functionally flawed to be a practical blog for what I need. Worry not however for I have a back-up plan. The old alluring idea of a Yahoo Groups based website will do fine. I can make one as a blog and use my bag of tricks to make it into a glorious portfolio of my works. Fingers crossed 'cause I've not practiced much on the topic and I don't even know if it'll work with ACD. If someone's gonna get this ball rolling, it might as well be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment